Monday, April 28, 2008

I am alive and Chase is 6 months today!

Sorry it has been so long- I have been out of commission. My Crohn's flared up and sent me into the hospital for a quick stay. Besides the occasional few hours in the wonderful ER this was the shortest hospital stay I have had. Thankfully this was the first time I have even felt an inkling that I was having a flare up in over a year. It was really difficult to be away from Chase for the first time and so unexpectectanly. To be honest the drugs helped to numb everything other than the urgency to camp out in the bathroom. But Ernie did such a great job having to play Mr. Mom for Chase, thankfully with the help of my mom and my aunt Mal, who had been visiting when we needed her the most. I am doing much better now and on the right track to stay healthy. I have to admit... I was having a real hard time losing the last ten lbs I wanted to since getting pregnant, and this did the trick! Bad, I know... But their is a rose at the end of the thorns!
On a much brighter note... My little man is half a year old! And he completely grew up in just the last 24 hours. Beginning with a sense of more awareness when he was playing with Ernie and followed by no tears when he got his shot today! My little boy is all grown up! He now weighs 18.6 lbs and is 27 inches long! I will have to get my butt together and post some more recent pics soon.

1 comment:

McLeodx5 said...

i am so glad you're okay...and OMG, chase is HUGE! i can't wait to get him and his future gf together this summer!!! :) btw, where the heck did the last 6 months go?!?!?!