Saturday, April 5, 2008

Daddy and Chase


Chase loves his daddy so much that he insisted I made a post for all to see. I have learned that just because I am the one who gave birth to this little man, doesn't automatically make me his favorite. I have hard competition. Ernie has a special bond with Chase that only a great dad and son can have. I am so awed when I watch them together. The times when I hand Chase over to him to take over a task like feeding, or even just to play, I can't help but staying to watch. Ernie can get Chase to giggle in the bath even though bath time isn't one of Chase's favorite past times. The smile Chase gives to him when he sees him for the first time after he has been gone at work is priceless. From ear to ear he grins so big as his eyes light up the room. Ernie is also the only one who can get this fussy little boy to sleep in minutes by bouncing and rocking him the same way every time. Chase knows I am the best at coming up with new activities or things for him to enjoy, but when it comes to spending down time on the couch these two are best buddies. I thought I would always love Ernie for how great he is to me but I never knew I could love him even more for how great he is to our son.

1 comment:

McLeodx5 said...

what a picture perfect moment! love it!!