Saturday, May 24, 2008

A week in the life of Ernie




This last Tuesday my first love was honored during ETS week. E stands for emergency and I think the T is training and the S is services. But I could be wrong. Their was a ceremony type thing where Ernie was given an accommodation for helping to save a ten year old's life during a call last year and both Chase and I couldn't have been more proud. He is so modest when it comes to this stuff, but he doesn't realize what impact he has on those people he has helped. He was sent on a strike team on Thursday to help fight a fire that spread 3,400 acres in the Santa Cruz mountains. He is back now- safe and sound. It was the first time he has gone out to a fire like that so it was very new for the both of us. We missed the heck out of him and are so happy he is back.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

you guys are such a cute little family! and you have your very own hero! gavin said one day "daddy is my hero" (be still my heart!) and i can just hear chase saying the same thing in a few years.